A hydroponic grow tent is a portable, enclosed space that provides an ideal environment for your indoor plants to flourish. The light, temperature, humidity and other requirements of the plants can be carefully regulated inside this type of structure, and it provides a safe and protective spot for the plants to grow. A grow tent is typically used by people who enjoy gardening but don’t have any outdoor space to do so. They are also a favorite of year-round gardeners who like to grow fresh vegetables no matter what the season.
Although it’s called a tent, it’s rectangular in shape and is supported by a lightweight, easy to assemble the metal frame. The exterior is usually dark colored nylon or polyester, which absorbs light, and is lined with white or silver mylar or thermal film on the interior to retain heat and reflect light to the plants.
Typically, they have a removable, water-resistant floor tray in the event of spillage and a metal grid on the ceiling for hanging lights and other accessories. They zip open and closed to allow easy access to your plants, and are available in a range of sizes to suit any needs. You won’t need any tools to assemble a grow tent, and they are fast and easy to set up.
Other features of a hydroponic grow tent include lighting systems such as metal halide or high-pressure sodium, a fan system for ventilation, a setup to facilitate the delivery of hydroponic nutrient, and an odor control system. Some of the higher end models feature air conditioning to keep the temperature at an optimal level and a carbon dioxide regulator to maximize growth.
Hydroponic grow tents range in price from about $75 to almost $2000 for deluxe versions.
Here’s a look at some of the equipment you can find in a grow tent and what it can do for your plants:
- Carbon filters which prevent odors from escaping the tent
- Lighting systems that provide better energy uptake than sunlight
- Nutrient systems that make it easy to supply your plants with the nutrients they need in the absence of soil
- Ventilation systems to provide optimal air circulation throughout the tent and help to control temperature and humidity
- Carbon systems that encourage photosynthesis
- Water filtering systems that filter the nutrient solution to remove particles that not only harm your plants but could also damage your delivery system
Check this link for more info and reviews: http://www.wat.tv/video/hydroponics-grow-tent-review-7p35y_521zl_.html